Tuesday, January 26, 2010

My Lil' ol man!

Well, I woke up this morning, just waiting to be inspired and fortunately enough, after checking the challenges out there, there were 3 that allowed my creative juices to start flowing. One of which I have not entered before today!

First off, I am entering this card in the Digital Tuesday Challenge- with the theme being "Make Those Men Laugh". How lucky am I to be doing a gentle-manly card, considering it is my father-in-law's birthday next month!!! Perfect timing!!

I am also entering this card in the A Spoon Full of Sugar Challenge - where the theme is Freestyle!! WOOHOO!! My favorite type!

Lastly I am participating in (for the first time) Stamping Vacation- Pick 3 Challenge !
For the Pick 3 Challenge I chose- Masculine card with feminine touch (ribbon), the circle shape is repeated in ribbon, embossed background & Hodge Podge hardware (hanging from ribbon), and my Lil' ol man is wearing Leather shoes (starts with L).

Once I realized the perfect image was right under my nose, my thoughts were racing. This image can be found at the Prairie Fairy Design (Digital Stamp) store under Just for Laughs (can you see why)! haha.

I printed off my Lil man, then HAD to pick the papers, since I knew I had some authentic ol'man papers somewhere in my mess!! Sure enough, the card slowly came together with a bit of embossing, coloring, layering, stamping, sponging & embellishing!

The Birthday saying is from CTMH- Card Sentiments, and the "Rock On" statement is from another CTMH set- You Rock!
Happy Birthday Mr. Smyrski (my dad in law)! Hope you enjoy the card!

9 comments:

Lori said...

"YOU ROCK"....OMG I love this card...The paper, the colours, the colouring, the embellishments....everything...woohoo!!!!

coldwaters2 said...

Oh boy Corry this is perfect what a fabulous image and I love the wording you have used I really love it so much and I am so glad you found inspiration with us at Digital Tuesday thank you for joining us and hope we see you again.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Unknown said...

LOVE IT!

Kelly said...

The girl is on a roll, WTG Corry!!

Amy Johnson said...

What a fun card! I just love that image! And I love your creative layout and embellie treatments. Your father in law will love this card!

Viv said...

Great card!

Jaspere said...

Love that image....love your card.

Lora said...

What a great card. Those papers are just perfect for a male card and the image is great!
Thanks for joining us at Digital Tuesday.
Lora

Lori said...

Woohooo way to go Corry, you were picked for the top 3 at Stamping Vacation for this rockin' card!!!! You're awesome!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails