Thursday, February 4, 2010

1st post for today.......

A Buncha Challenges in this one!!!

I'm really late with these posts today, unfortunately I have been working all day. 12 hr shifts at 36 weeks pregnant are not a good combo. But I made it and am here to write about it.

My first card for today is an image from Phindy's Place- digital stamp illustrations. This was one of her freebies offered as the number of followers grew! I fell in love with it.

AND as it turns out, I am putting this card in Cute Card Thursday which Phindy is sponsoring this week!!!! Woo hoo!!


My little fella is colored with SU markers and watercolor pencil crayons. I embossed the background paper with my cuttlebug, and applied a charm that says "HOPE" (in the hope that the rain stops soon).....leaving the inside of the card open to interpretation (hope your day brightens.....hope you feel better soon....etc) . I sponged the edges (tip from the Prairie Fairy which she always used to do). Finishing off my card is CTMH ribbon and misc. 'droplets' at the bottom of the card & on the coat pockets & cufflinks!




Challenges:

Friday Sketchers- Sketch
Your Next Stamp Challenges- Charms
Fab & Funky Challenges- Emboss it
Cute Card Thursday- Spots & Dots

4 comments:

Lori said...

Adorable, I love his blue coat with the yellow pockets and the multi-coloured umbrella compliment the image so well. Great Card Corry!!!!

Ginny said...

love your choice of embossing with this image, thanks for joining us in this weeks challenge :)

Annie said...

such a cute image and love your embossing on this card. thanks for joining in the fun with us at CCT this week. hugs, annie x

Maureen said...

What a sweet card! Thanks for playing along with us at Your Next Stamp!

Related Posts with Thumbnails