Sunday, February 21, 2010

So many reasons to be excited ! 2 posts for the day!

#1- I got chosen for Top 3 at Stamping Vacation Challenge- Pick 3. This was over 2 weeks ago (if not a month) but because I am a little slow with learning all these technical aspects of computer organizing.....I only found out YESTERDAY!! I am such a dope!! How exciting to be able to have their award on my blog!!

#2- I am currently 39 weeks gestation!

#3- I went to the city the other day & had a 'date night' with hubby before our new baby's arrival! We ate at our favorite seafood place & were supposed to go see a movie afterwards; however due to the fact that I made him wait for 40 minutes for a table, I sacrificed the movie for a shopping spree! That was a very wise decision!
We went to Micheals where I got some great deals(punches, blending stumps, cuttlebug folders) & proceeded to a warehouse discount store down the street, where I (I should say Hubby- he always finds the good deals)stumbled across a mini-sewing machine! He said "That would be good for your cards!" I love that as much as he hates me working on my cards at the dining room table, he still always has an eye out for me!!! XOXOXO

#4- So I was able to create this card without faux stitching......I got to use ACTUAL stitching!!! WooHoo!!




Challenges:
All Sorts Challenge Blog- Tag, ticket or label
Susie & Vikki's Christmas Club- Holly
Charisma Card Challenge- Sketch

#5- More reasons for excitement- Roberta (Prairie Fairy), Lori (Just Ducky) & Kelly (Kelly' Kreative Korner) got together last night for supper, snacks & an evening of crafting. Unlike Lori (haha!) I got two cards done. One for another challenge and one for fun, which is now my favoritist card EVER!! You;ll have to wait and see!

#6- I learned how to color with pencil crayons, blending stumps and baby oil per Prairie Fairy tutorial on her blog!! I am addicted now!

I think that about covers my excitement for one day. If this does not put me in labour, I don't know what will!

8 comments:

Kelly said...

Great sewing Corry and I love the holly sticker, lol!!

Jules said...

Hi Corry

What a lovely post. So much excitement and lovely news in one place. It sounds like you had a great day.

I wonder if you have since gone into labour LOL!!!

A great card - so pleased you are now able to use a sewing machine on your creations.

Thank you for playing along with my challenge at Allsorts this week.

Love Jules xx


Loving your card with

Lori said...

Woohoo, woohoo sewing, look at you go, you're like card nesting.... going like craaaazy!!!! So fun fun fun, we have to get together way more, especially since you're off for like a year, party's on, I'll bring the wine, you bring the baby milk!!!!

Anonymous said...

LOL yep, that is some excitement Cor! I was VERY excited FOR you when i read all this!! And your card - with the sewing is just PERFECT - I totally LOVE it! Great job! I know what you mean about the sewing, I want to start too! And I can't wait to see the other one you made too! Can't wait to hear your big news too when your baby arrives....xoxo

Tasha said...

Such a beautifulchristmas card. Fabulous paper and great stocking motif
Thank you for joining us at Charisma Cardz
love tasha xx

Pretty-In-Ink said...

What a fabby hubby you have! your stitching looks great, it's a beautiful card!

scotspanda said...

WOW well done you!! I went off crafting completely when I was pregnant and now my litle man is here (8 weeks ago) I don't have as much time as I would like to do it!!

your card is lovely

thanks for joining us this week on Allsorts

lotsalove

Amanda xx

vikkithescrapjunkie said...

Super card, great colours and lovely stitching. Thankyou for joining in Susie & Vikki's Christmas club challenge this week.
Love n hugs
Vikki & Susie xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails