Sunday, February 21, 2010

Stampin Vacation Challenge

I just put this card together this afternoon. It is for my mother's birthday (March 16) but definitely had to get a jump on things with impending labour just around the corner! I also HAD to get it done in order to submit it into the Stamping Vacation Challenge- Pick 3!! I have chosen to go with using 3 of the same embellishment (buttons), using at least one button, making it a birthday card & using glitter (on the slippers)- OK OK,so I made it a pick 4!! Whatever (as my daughter would say!)hahaha!! I think that these challenges really get your mind working on a creative note!


The image is from Prairie Fairy Designs. I colored her with watercolor pencils & baby oil- with blending stumps from a tutorial given by the Prairie Fairy on her blog! Check it out, it is my new favourite way to color!!!! Paper, brads, & ribbon are misc. Buttons are CTMH as is the Birthday Sentiment (set called Card Chatter). I also used a Stampin up punch for the bottom of the sentiment on the front of the card & a 3 way Fiskars corner punch for the corners of my lady's image! The flowers are Prima Flowers from my all time fav. crafting store Micheals!!

I sure hope my mom likes the card as much as I do!!

5 comments:

Kelly Schelske said...

She'll love it!

Unknown said...

I love it!

xoxox

Kelly said...

You are rocking girl, way to go!! Great coloring!!

Denise Clark said...

LOVE this card! Love the gentle humor too! My dear MIL says the same thing about age and wisdom! LOL Love the lady image! Great colors and love the finishing touches like the buttons, border edge and the flower. Wonderful card!

Thanks so much for playing along with the PICK 3 Challenge! You are appreciated!

Good Kardma by Jules said...

LOL - this made me giggle! Great card. Love the buttons and how you colored the image.

Related Posts with Thumbnails