Sunday, May 16, 2010

My Bro's Birthday.


There's another birthday in our familiy. My brother's birthday is May 18 & made this card special for him. I tried to fit in a couple different challenges & needless to say it was a bit challenging, but I got it done & he thouroughly enjoyed his card (gave it to him yesterday).
The image is from Mo's Digital Pencil Too & is called "The big guy grilling".
I chose a Mo's image in order to enter the challenge over at Mo's Digital Challenge where the theme is flowers. Weird I know. Flowers for a man's b-day, but that's specifically why I chose it, because NO ONE would ever expect that!!! haha


Now over at Your Next Stamp Challenge the theme is to Cut it out & Pop it up. Same with Pixie Dust Studios.....'cut it out'  (the image that is) ......So that is exactly what I did with my Big Guy.


I am also entering my card in MoJo Monday for the sketch.  Was VERY fun to play with!!!


& finally over at Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge Blog it is a recipe of 3-2-1 (3 embellies, 2 patterned paper & 1 ribbon )- Now I wasn't sure about the embellies. So I put 3 different types of embellies as well as made sure all my brads on top were black so as to cover all my bases.

And here's my card, all pulled together nicely!
See, there's my flower with paper leaves!! Ok, ok, nothing elaborate, but kinda fits don't it?!?!?!

Have a great rest of the wknd!
No school for our kids tomorrow, so it looks like another late night tonight!!

13 comments:

Janet said...

LOL--this gave me a laugh.I can definitely see my dad in this pose....I hope your brother likes it. The pop dots really zest it up!

Anonymous said...

AWW.... this card came out soooo cute, come back next week too of more fun @ Mo's!

Unknown said...

Awww nice nice nice I love this big guy.. I think I'll be gettin it for my hubby.. he love bbq :) and speaking of birthdays ... your bro's birthday is with mine.. I'm on the 18th as well :) ha ha I'm gonna be 42!

Jeni said...

Love your card.

Lori said...

Holy smokes Corry - this is a gooder - you even cut the whole darn image out, love it!!!!

raindropecho said...

Loving this card! So earthy - perfect! I'm sure your bro will love it.

Unknown said...

Awesome card! TFS!=)

Kelly said...

Great card Corry, I love this image and you colored it wonderfully.

Dawn B. said...

This is perfect.. One of my favorite images. Thanks so much for joining us at Mo's this week.

Cathy said...

Love your Big Guy card. I 'm sure your brother will love it. Thanks for playing the Mo's Digital Pencil Challenge this week!!!

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

OMGosh! This is sooo perfect! I love it! Great layout and cutting!

Thanks for playing along with the Pixies too :)
hugs, margie

The Wired Angel said...

Great card and perfect for your brother. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Mo's and for sharing your creativity.

Courtney said...

Corry...This card is great! I may need to use it for my own brother! ;) Thanks for joining us at Penny's. Hope to see you back!

~Courtney~
PPCC DT

Related Posts with Thumbnails