Monday, December 13, 2010

Crafty Cardmakers DT- First & Last- and- A farewell!!

First post today

This is my last post as a member of Crafty Cardmakers DT!
It has been a pleasure to be in the company of such talented crafters from all over blogland!
I also want to say a big thank you to VIX for choosing me to be a part of such a wonderful team!
**MWAH**


With that, I bring to you the last Crafty Cardmakers challenge for 2010:

FIRST & LAST

We want to see your very first card/creation (or somewhere near.....definitley NOT a card you made 1 yr into blogging) & your most recent card/creation made.
How far have you come?
What fond memories do u have to share?
Before I get to my 'masterpieces' (lol), I just wanted to let you know that for this challenge, we have a number of sponsors, including:

Joanna Sheen
Stitchy Stamps
The Stamp Man
Letraset
&
Crafts and Me

Here we go:
(first I must tell you that I started scrapbooking in 2006, but wasn't until 2 yrs later I made my first card)

Oh boy...April 4, 2008-first card- I remember making this card for one of the first SU card classes I went to. Only a couple no name stamps in hand. Task was to make a window frame.I was so very proud of this one. LOL.



Since this class I have fallen deeply into the addiction abyss of crafting & blogging. I started my blog in March of 2009 on the advice of my BFF the Prairie Fairy, as she was about to launch her digital images....
"What the heck are digital images? I'm still good with the SU & CTMH stamps you already got me hooked on " I nicely said to her!

******************
Yes, there we sat, day after day, watching eBay like a buncha blood suckers, waiting for the next good deal to strike, then BAM, we put our bid in for yet another SU stamp set!
Then Mrs. Prairie Fairy gets the idea, to just become a darned consultant for SU.....& well, there went my chequebook!
But it does not stop there. I found an awesome little clear stamp set at Scrapaganza one year & brought it home for my BFF to see.... & yup you guessed it, it was CTMH! BUT you;ll never guess what happened next, LOL, oh yes, you know it...........
Mrs. Prairie Fairy decided she liked the CTMH stamps better, so then became a consultant for them, & there went my paycheques!!

***********************
So when Mrs. Prairie Fairy got the idea to make her own digital images, rather than to continue buying/selling/consulting for other stamp companies, you could imagine I WAS NOT SUPRISED AT ALL, but I did not know how to 'work a digital image' to save my life!!!
Well, she taught me!
And taught me good.
Get a blog!
Make some cards!
Get some followers!
Have some candy!
Candy?,.....honestly, I thought this blog candy deal was ACTUALLY CANDY!
 LMAO!!
"Your gonna be on my DT" She says!
My response: "What's a DT?"
OH boy, the conversations I could tell you that would make you laugh until you cry, but I must stop there, because I still have to show you my lastest creation for Crafty Cardmakers!

******************************

December 10, 2010- EXPLOSION BOX. I've been wanting to make one of these for some time & I figured, why not make it for the Craftiest Blog I've had the pleasure of being a part of!








I'm sorry for such a long post, but Vix opened up a can of worms and a whole lotta memories with the choice of this challenge being 'First & Last'!

Feel free to share some of your own memories & oldest creations with us for this very special challenge at Crafty Cardmakers that goes until Jan 10,  2011.

Thanks so much for all your support, advice, visits & comments over the past 2 yrs.
I appreciate each & every one of you!!

Challenges for my creation:
Aud Sentiments- Happy Holidays
OSAAT- anything goes
Magical Mondays- fairytale Christmas
The Pink Elephant- winter wonderland


22 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Corry, good morning, it's a public holiday here in Malta.. ha ha preparing some posts and we're off shopping :) Don't know if I should smile or not he he I'm spending too much. ... woops ... and I still have to get me my annual Craft present .. do you ? What a fun challenge this is, it will be interesting to see how everyone started. I love your first card you made, it' lovely but your Explosion Box is amazing.. wow I still haven't got to your stage and don't think I ever will, your projects are always awezome :) Hugs xxx

Suzi Mac said...

Wow! Corry, what a fabulous challenge, you are so funny girl!! love your story about the Fairy Queen & you. Your box is stunning, my you have come a long long way. Will be sorry not to see your fab creations over at CC.
Hugs
Suzi xx

Margreet said...

this is a real Corry story.....but on the other hand it is so recognizable....your first card is pretty, but you have been growing so much!!....you have become a famous girl in blogland....and now this explosion box....way to go!!!
xxx Margreet

Lori said...

Yep i remember that card, it was a gooder! But holy cow who does explosion boxes my God way too much work for me, this is amazing, I love Tilda in the centre wow wow wow! Ugh I swallowed a hair off to cough up my fur ball!

Made by Mandy said...

Sounds like you have a great partner in crime with your BFF.

Going to miss you over at Crafty Cardmakers, you've made some fabulous creations.

Hope you have a fabulous Christmas with your family and will catch you in blogland.

Lots of love

Mandy xxx

Audrey said...

Wow! What a gorgeous explosion box! Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments.

Mel said...

Oh you have a very naughty but great best friend to get you involved hee!!
Really going miss you over on CCM, been fab getting to know you and seeing all your great creations!
Take care honey!
Hugs Melly xxx

Carol Ann said...

Wow Corry what a beautiful box I just love it and such a pretty Christmas theme too. Thanks for playing along at OSAAT this week.
Hugs Carol Ann xx

Josephine said...

I'd be proud of that window frame too! And that exploding box is fabulous.

Sorry to hear you're leaving the team, but I'm sure I'll continue to 'see' you around and be inspired by your creativity.

Unknown said...

What a great challenge, and a beautiful box havent seen one like this before the inner bit the way it opens, Fab, Thanks for joining us at DCD.
Chris x

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Gorgeous exploding box hun, just love those DP!
Thank you for sharing with us this week at OSAAT, good luck!
Hugs shell xx

Lin said...

So sorry you are leaving us Cor. I for one will most definitely miss seeing your amazing creations first! But I am sure I shall still be seeing you around so won't have to miss your talent for long.

As for your first and last cards, both amazing, and it's little wonder so many teams want you!

Good luck for the future and wishing you and your's a joyous christmas and a prosperous and healthy 2011

Hugs

Lin - Old Chatterbox herself! xxx

Mummylade said...

what a wonderful project! Thank you so much for playing along with DCD this time and good luck.

Anonymous said...

That's a great first card and I loved the story of you and your BFF. Who needs friends like that, huh!!! (LOL). As for your box, it's just fabulous. Even though you are leaving us at CCM I shall definitely be checking you out regularly as you always have that something different that I just have to have a go at. xx

Julie said...

Lovely both your fist and your last. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments
Hugs,
Julie

Liz's creative corner said...

Thanks for joining us at DCD with this super box, great image and colours, hugs Liz xx

Unknown said...

Hi Corry,
ROFLMAO!! Honestly hun, you should be on the stage!! You really make me laugh!! What a fantastic explosion box this is and such a fabby image too. Thanks for joining in our Fairies challenge at Die Cut Dreams this week.
Hugs
Dawn x

coldwaters2 said...

Wow Cor this is one beautiful box I love it thank you for sharing it with us at Aud sentiments.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Susie Sugar said...

Hey that is one fancy Fairy Corry I love that Tilda Thanks for joining us at the DCD Challenge this week
Hugs Susie & the Dream Team xx
¨¨ ¨¨ ¨ ¨¨¨ ♥*
¨¨¨¨¨ ¨¨¨ ¨*o*
¨¨¨¨ ¨¨¨¨*♥*o*
¨¨ ¨¨¨¨¨***o***
¨¨¨¨¨¨**o**♥*o*
¨¨¨¨¨**♥**o**♥**
¨¨¨¨***♥Love♥**
¨¨¨***♥Susie♥****
¨¨**♥**Sugar**♥**
¨******o*****♥**o***
****o***♥**o***o***♥*
¨¨¨¨¨____!_!____
¨¨¨¨¨\_________/¨¨¨
...MERRY CHRISTMAS...
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Deb said...

Corry, another gorgeous creation and super explosion idea. Tilda is ever beautiful too, thanks for joining the OSAAT challenge
Debs
xxx

Ruthie said...

Hey Corry

Wow - love the exploding box! Stunning!

Thanks for joining in the fun at Aud Sentiments

Rx

Agnieszka M said...

Corry, youe project is adorable!
Thanks for joining us at OSAAT this time and good luck.
Hugs
Agnieszka

Related Posts with Thumbnails