Friday, April 22, 2011

Last minute Easter creation.


I just hate when days get away from you. Seems all I did yesterday was sit on the computer, blogging. One thing after another kept catching my eye, then it's lunch time, then ...ok ....one more quick glance at my mail, then boom it's supper......what the?!?! On the up side, I did actually sit down after supper (sans computer) to create! Do u ever find that if the computer is at your fingertips, then you are always on it. Step away from it, close it down & pick up the crafting scissors, ladies and gents, you will get alot more accomplished.

I was inspired by numerous challenges for this card.
First of all at All That Scraps Magnolia challenge they want anything Marvelously Magnolia ("May" moments)! Now, easter is April, I get that, however, this will also make a lovely mother's day card from her 3 kids. (me, my sister & my brother- Of course I'm the youngest hiding in the egg- lol) .After checking out that challenge I was intrigued by the Back Panel Side Step Card Pam Sparks created; thus another computer search rampage began! Finally I found Pam's wonderful tutorial page where she created a Front Panel Side Step Card, which I am now fondly in love with. Thanks Pam! After a few miss measurements, wrong scores and misjudged cuts, I ended up with my creation! Not too bad for a first try. I LOVE trying new things.


Then at Magnolia-licious Highlites blog- they want to see Tilda & Edwin! That's not asking too much is it!?! LOL, Poor Edwin, he seems to always be pushed to the side hey?>! So I gave him a little limelight here. This is the only NON-Christmas Edwin I own and he is very versatile!

Also the new sketch at Just Magnolia appears to match my layout:


And the new Frosted Fridays Challenge to incorporate a butterfly or bird on your creation, lends well to my side step card.


Next at Stamptacular Sunday, they are Magnolia-licious & at Magnolia Stamp Lovers & Magnolia Down Under they both want Easter creations!
Then there's Flutterby Wednesdays that has an OPEN challenge.
Phew!




Oh Ya and can't forget at the Magnolia-licious Challenge blog- they have this fabby photo inspiration to trigger your craft buds. This is what pulled my whole card together! Pinks & Greens. How'd I do?!



I just had to show you this last shot of Tilda with Butterfly that I borrowed form Lori. (I too am in love with her now, thanks alot)! Check out the sky behind her. YUP! I did that, with a little.....ok A LOT......of help from Dana. Ever since I saw one of her many MAGNIFICENT creations a couple months back, I have been aching to get my hands on some blue copics to make some clouds. Thanks to a Just Magnolia gift cert win, I was able to order these copics to complete some sky/cloud scenes! Thanks DANA!



Thanks for stopping by today.
I hope you all have a very happy easter!



43 comments:

Lori said...

Woot woot, this is so gorgeous, yep I love her, think she's my favourite, but the eggie one is super cute too, I see you toughed it out with the die...hahahahahaha, I feel your pain hahahaha... Gorgeous card, love the stiching, heck love it all, Now go get a sitter!!!!

Unknown said...

Wow ansd Wow absolutely amazing card!!!! I loveee it!!!!

Louise said...

Fantastic card, love the colors
Louise :)

Rene said...

Oh this is AWESOME! Love the "real" flowers you have added...fantastic!
Rene :D

Suzi Mac said...

Hey Girl!! this has to be one of your best creations so far. The amount of detail, stitching, I adore it. Fantastic piece of work.
Happy Easter
Suzi x

SusanLotus said...

Wonderful card!
Happy Easter to you!

Hanna said...

Corry, how are we supposed to get away from our computers when we know you are blogging these masterpieces? It's impossible to stay away from your blog, your creations are amazing! There's only one word for this card: WOW!
I love the dimensional, and all the totally AWESOME details. And I ADORE how you've filled Edwin's basket with roses and put a flower in his hand! He looks stunning!

wish you a HAPPY EASTER! :)
hugs from Hanna

charlene said...

Your card is amazing I love your coloring !
Hugs

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie, this is just gorgeous, i love the colours they are just stunning, great take on the sketch too, Thanks for joining us this week at JM/HS hugs pops x

Card Crazy said...

Congrats on your first sidestep! It's gorgeous, love how you placed all your images to create a scene. So many pretty embellies.
Sue S.

Louise said...

Beautiful card
Louise xx

Tracy Valure said...

beautiful card! Love all the images you have used and awesome butterflies!! Thanks for playing with us at Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog!
Tracy Valure

Dana said...

Oh wow!! I had a hard time getting on to read your post because that photo inspiration is GORGEOUS!! And so is your card!! Love it!! I know it's got to be even more gorgeous in person because for some reason those light BG's don't like to be photographed (the shy lil' boogers!!) So glad you were able to pic up those colors and that you took the time to share it with me!! Love it!!!
Happy Easter g/f!
Dana

Unknown said...

This is an amazing card. The colors, butterflies, and the stamps are wonderful. Its truely amazing. Thanks for playing along over at Frosted Designs.

Candy said...

Corry,
I am so glad you kept up with the card making.
It is wonderful!!
Love your colouring and design.
BEAUTIFUL butterflies and I love the addition of the pretty flowers you put in Edwin's hands :o)
Great job of the sky!!!
Thank you so much for joining in our Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog.
Hugs, Candy

Pinklady 68 said...

A gorgeous Easter Card!! Lovely layout and details!!

Hugs, Laila.

Chrissy said...

WOW!! Just stunning...and I know what you mean...crafting next to the computer...I'm always on it and miss challenges as I'm too busy looking around...lol..Just had another look at your work..just beautiful.
Luv CHRISSYxx

cabio's craft corner said...

Corry, your card is so stunning and breath-taking. Love it! Thanks for joining us at Magnolia-licious Challenge and hope to see you again for the next ones :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Margreet said...

I'm just like you.......sitting and blogging whole evening....this is a breathtaking eyecatcher....stunning creation!!
xxx Margreet

Becca said...

What an adorable card! Lovely coloring and a great eye for detail! A perfect Easter card! Hugs, Becca

cebelica said...

Wowers, I LOVE this card - everything about it. The layout, embellies, stitching ... Everything, it's just perfect! Hugs!

Trisha said...

Holy Moly-How did I miss this-It's awesome Cor- Loving all the details and the flowers that Edwin's holding-over the top!! That Butterfly is gorgeous too-is it a newbie? Beauts-See u 2nite!!xox

Merry said...

Happy Easter to you to Corry. This card is amazing..love all the different images. I so relate to getting stuck on the computer. lol

Donna Mosley said...

Wowzers! Corry, this is a real feast for the eyes, so many yummy details and incredible colouring. Love the sky, very realistic. Great idea with the flowers in Edwins hand & basket. Love it!

Donna x

Anonymous said...

This is just beautiful! The butterflies are the perfect touch. Thanks for joining us this week at SSC.

Cheryl said...

Fantastic card, love it lots. Hugs Cheryl

Anonymous said...

Hi Corry!!! LOVE your front panel step card! So much to study and take in! Lovely Tilda and Edwin coloring! Just charming! Big smile here! TFS!
Pam Going Postal

Kelly said...

Corry, I love to scan through the DT's work and the challenge entries to see someone who has done a beautiful work of art that inspires me. This time it was you! Great card and Happy Easter!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe all the detail in this Cor- even his flowers in his lil basket?! awe..... AWESOME card girl !

Unknown said...

O wow wow Corry this is amazing, definitely a stunning card to make the tops all over, love all the details and beautiful stamps xx and yes.. me too about the computer and time!!! .. sometimes I just have to keep my computer switched off otherwise I would never do anything crafty. Happy Easter to you too xxx

DesignerDiva said...

Wowsers- how special is this!!! if you don't win prizes for this (huge big crafty ones) I will eat my hat!! this is STUNNING lady - no point entering those challenges now this should sweep the floor!
Laurie xx

Lydia said...

What a sweet card! Love your butterflies....thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs!
Lydia

THERESA said...

This is OT stunning, WOW, your coloring is perfect, love it!!
lotsa luv

Marianne Reijgersberg said...

This is just beautiful! The longer I look THE more I see. What an eye for detail you have. First I love THE dimensional, your coloring is fab. These gorgeous butterfly's. Realy a masterpiece. Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Stamptacular Sunday Challenge. Hope to see you again.
Hugs Marianne

Michelle said...

Holy moly this is one fabulous creation! WOW, WOW, WOW I'm speechless! So glad you joined us at FBW this week!!

Fairy Pickles said...

This is awesome Corry aaaannnndd I peed my pants at your comment under Trisha's candy! Too funny!

jojoscraps said...

Oh wow! Your card is just stunning. I love the color and design and all of the images are colored so beautifully. Thanks for sharing with us at Stamptacular Challenges. I hope you'll join us again.
Jo xx

Stacie (craft-princess) said...

WOW! This card is spectacular!!

only1bedorah said...

What a truly gorgeous card, and you must be soo happy with it. What an inspiration! Debbie xx

♥♥RubyM:)♥♥ said...

AWEEEEE!! FREAKIN ADORABLE COR!

The buterflies are so pretty.
DANG I NEED THAT NEW TILDA STAMP LOL!
I love the idea of adding flowers on edwin's basket and giving him another flower on his other hand :)

LOVE IT ALL GIRL!!!!

I'm browsing around ((smiles))Ruby♥

Anna said...

Stunning card! Wonderful details and textures! Thanks for joining us at Flutter By Wednesday.

Erin Reed said...

this is such a great project!! love those colors and your detail is fab! thanks for playing at frosted designs!!

Anonymous said...

Hi again - wanted to add on to my other comment... So glad you linked up to All That Scraps Magnolia Challenge! Thanks for playing!

Related Posts with Thumbnails