Thursday, August 11, 2011

Celebr-8 ODD style!

This is my 2nd post today- scroll down for my Tickled Pink DT card

*****************************


YIPEE! My first Some Odd Girl  Challenge    !!!! ( as opposed to the sneak peeks we showed you last week, that is) How excited am I?! Very excited & very nervous as this challenge (albeit for all the bloggers in blogland) was a definite challenge for ME too! Why? Because the theme for the next two weeks at  SOG is

TO USE COMPLIMENTARY COLORS
(colors that opposite each other on the color wheel - see below)





 
 WEELLLL I racked my brain for hours trying to come up with something for this...... cuz I really, really wanted to use some paper from a set of boys DP I bought last year. but none were matching. So I opted with the yellow paper with guitars on it (from that specific pack) & paired it with the color violet!
There you have it:
 
YELLOW & VIOLET
 
As a smart woman once said "it takes a cool guy to sport yellow pants" (teehee, right Kristy). The scallop circle base is from Susie Sugar's Die Cut Dreams Store. Ribbon is from Really Reasonable Ribbons & the star is a chipboard piece from a multipack, that I sponged with SU ink. Sentiment are sticker letters as is the number 8.
 
 





 
I urge you to go check out the Some Odd Girl Store to take a look around & maybe even buy a few stamps to get started!! If you are anything like me, you will fall in love with Kristy's images just as I did!!
 
 

Also, if you like my Chibi at the top of my blog.............and want one of those for yourself..........you can hop over here Get Chibi'd ! to get more information.

{{Splitcoaststampers Gallery}}
{{Scrapbook.com Gallery}}
{{Two Peas in a Bucket Gallery}}


Challenges for my card:
Desert Island Crafts- choose from list (colored my image with watercolor pencils & copics, 3 diff colors [yellow, violet & black], make it manly)
The Craft Garden- bold, bright & loud (photo inspire- below)


The HotSpot- use one or more of colors below





16 comments:

Tasha said...

Oh such a fun card Cor, it rocks, loving the colour comboand your fab colour work
love tasha xx

Sandra H said...

This is a really good fun card love the image and the colouring is gorgeous:) Sandra H

Donna Mosley said...

So lovely Cor, a really cute image and gorgeous colours.

Donna x

Unknown said...

Awww how fun this is Corry, what a super cute image, I love it and fantastic colour choice and shape and star ... fantastic card all round :) Xxx

Hazel said...

Corry what a stunning card - I love the colour combination - just fantastic.

I am now following you and I look forward to seeing your next creation. Hazel x

Kimberly said...

WOW!! your last few cards are wicked....in a good way. The designs and coloring is fantastic...tfs
www.justwordz.ca

Amy Johnson said...

What a fun card! Love your color combo, papers, and the big star. Thanks for playing the Hotspot Challenge this month!

Amy said...

Such an awesome card, that color combo is totally rockin'... WOWZERS! :)

coops said...

fantastic card cor.your colour combo is stunning and i love the fun image ;D

xx coops xx

Elena said...

This little rocker is sooo cutee!! The colours totally rocked this character, he seems perfect in this chromatic choice! Wow... Really prescious.

Hugs,
Elena

Deb said...

Love the colors--super Kool!
Debs
XXX

McCrafty's Cards said...

Fabulous fun card Corry, Thanks for joining in with us this month at The Craft Garden, good luck.
Kevin xx

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Your card totally rock, Cor!!

Kerry said...

Thanks for playing along with The Craft Garden challenge this month.

Kerry said...

Thanks for playing along with The Craft Garden challenge this month.

Sarah Rice said...

Only Kody can rock those yellow pants and still look COOL! Love this card!

Related Posts with Thumbnails