Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Midweek Magnolias #4

Hello all you Magnolia fans! 
Welcome to yet another MIDWEEK MAGNOLIAS  challenge! 
I'd like to start by saying congrats to the winner and Magnolia Marvels from last challenge! Some really wonderful creations out here in blogland! Some real incredible inspiration! 
Speaking of which, I am here to hopefully inspire you to try out next challenge which is another fabby sketch! 



So for my card today, I've used Gymnastics Tilda from the Winner Takes All Collection. I bought this Tilda specifically because my daughter is in gymnastics {however may not be continuing after this year due to a shortage of coaches : (  }. My sentiment "FUN" is a chipboard piece and the ribbon attached to it is recycled from a creation sent to me by a fellow blogger! I love to recycle rather than discard! 
My other sentiment is an acetate type paper word from a collection i bought ages ago. 
I embossed the pink paper behind Tilda with swirls. 


I am going to be posting this creation over at my alter ego blog Steel Magnolias...where you will find creations from my other friends as well! Alot of inspiration in one place !




Here's a few pics of my kiddos at their final gymnastics performance!
Here my daughter is doing the splits on the beam and below she is finishing off with a round off! I almost flipped off my chair when she did that! LOL 


Here's her and her partner, doing their back bends! 


And let's not forget about my son! Doing a sommersault. 
And below, he's walking on the beam and finishing off with some parellel bars! 








Pls don't forget to give the other MIDWEEK MAGNOLIAS  some love! 

Challenges for my card: 
Bearly Mine Designs- 3-2-1 (3 papers, 1 pink brads, 1 image)
Simon Says Stamp-anything goes
Divas by Design- stamp something
Cute Card Thursday- anything goes
PartyTime Tuesdays- anything goes
The Ribbon Carousel- anything goes




20 comments:

Suzi Mac said...

What more can I say, left you a comment on Steel Maggies. Another beauty my dear. Mwaaah!!! Kids r looking fabulous.
Hugs
Suzi x

Anne said...

Wow!!! What a talented family you have Cor!! So great to see the photo's of the little 'uns in action, you must be sooo proud! And your card is PERFECT!!! I absolutely adore your copic colouring and the pink/black colour combo is fantastic, as is your take on the sketch! Hugs xx

Unknown said...

Awww fabulous card Corry and gorgeous photos Corry, wow .. I always used to be so scared of gymnastics he he .. sorry been a bad blogger lately, was at the NEC in Birmingham and have lots of catching up to do now. Hugs xxx

Cordine said...

It's gorgeous Corrie!
Hugs
Cordine

Berry said...

What a fab card Cor I love the pink and the fab sentiment. What great photos of the kiddies too, my girls did gymnastics for a couple of years but they gave it up sad really as I loved it as a kid! Your son is so cute and both are so talented! Hugs Rebekah xx

Berry said...

Oops forgot to say thanks for playing at Divas hugs R xx

Sharon said...

Gorgeous colouring on your card and great pics. Thanks for playing along with us at CCT.x

Kelly Schelske said...

Oh my Cor, this is fabulous!!

Danni said...

Wonderful card! Love the photos of your kiddos too!

Shanna Shands said...

Awww my little one is a little gymnasts too! I have videos on facebook. I never thought to post photos though on my blog. :)

Dawn said...

Ah, a little trip back to my childhood. Your kids look great, hopefully they are able to resolve those issues so they can keep it up. Love your card too - Tilda looks fabulous and bravo for the recycling!

Hugs, Dawn

coops said...

so stunning hun.really gorgeous image and design and your colours are fab :D
fabulous pics of your little ones :D

xx coops xx

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card Corry, I love the sparkly heart and the feather, nice touch. Thanks for sharing the real thing, wonderful photos
Hugs Julie P

Susan Hogan said...

Love the photo's of the kids and the display of talent - look out for the next Olympics! Great cards - love Mo's Pencil - I used that image last week for a 99 year old!

Auntie Em said...

Oh my goodness! Your daughter and son look they are having so much fun. Wish I could twist and bend like that now!

Your card is so sweet. I love how you always have the little bits of whimsical trims on your creations. :)

Lori said...

Great pics Cor, love the one of Hanna! And yes I thought the same thing when I saw you used the gymnastics girl...great minds huh?

Donna said...

Fantastic card, and love the color scheme, one of my favorites and great coloring of Tilda too, thanks for playing along this week at BMC.
hugs
Donna xx

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is SUPER cute! Thanks so much for playing along with this week's Ribbon Carousel Challenge!!

Laney said...

Super card Corry Love this tilda!! great photos of your kiddies too
Thanks for joining us at Diva's and BMC this time
hugs
laney

Jayne A said...

Wow! love the card... takes me back to when my little one did gymnastics!! thanks for joining us this week at Divas Hugs Jayne x

Related Posts with Thumbnails